Well, I’m going to be honest. That whole “Spring Forward” thing kinda kicked our butts this week. But today is Friday and we have many pies in honor of the geekiest of holidays, Pi Day (3.14). So as we sat around the kitchen table stuffing our faceholes with nine kinds of pie, here’s what we chatted about:
- If you missed it yesterday, check out Appcropolis‘ contest to create a wicked mobile app that benefits a worthy nonprofit. Winners get prizes and the satisfaction of knowing they did something awesome.
- Why should you care when one tech company buys another? What does it all mean?
- Missed SXSW or totally sick of it? One thing we bet you’re not sick of: Oreos. SXSW had a vending machine that 3D printed edible color Oreos powered by Twitter. What a world.
- Want a beautiful, open sourced framework for mobile apps using HTML5? Check out Ionic.
- “Is it possible to upload and read the WhatsApp chats from another Android application?” YES.
- Sometimes weird ideas can be brilliant. “We had to create a circumstance where we were allowed to fail at a very high rate.” Inside the unexpected success of Fred Seibert, the cartoon mastermind behind Spongebob Squarepants and Adventure Time.
- Tired of Googling the syntax for curl and don’t have time to wade through the man page? Get examples right from the command line.
That’ll do it for this week. Have a delightful weekend, behave yourselves out there.