Spry Digital blends innovative web, application, and marketing solutions that transform businesses from the inside out. We believe we can shape our world, making it a better place to work and play with the connections that we make. Those connections happen with the relationships that we foster and the products that we create that connect people to one another. It is this people-first approach to doing business and creating solutions that drives us.
We value people who care about quality and attention to detail, work collaboratively together as a team, and strive to build solutions to meet our clients' needs and business objectives. Read our core values.
We have an immediate opening for a smart, motivated individual with solid professional experience building WordPress websites. The person in this role will be responsible for collaborating with project teams during the project definition and design phases, and for implementing websites using WordPress, including custom theme development, WordPress configuration, plugin selection and implementation, and custom development as needed. Our day-to-day work is a healthy mix of new development along with ongoing maintenance and support of existing production websites.
If you're right for this position, you have developed an intuition about how to develop for the web. You have built WordPress websites professionally for your employer or for clients. You are comfortable extending WordPress functionality using core functions and writing custom plugins. You think about the content editor experience as much as the front-end experience. You focus on security and performance, and you strive to write clear, readable, and maintainable code at all times and steer away from unnecessary complexity and abstraction.
NOTE: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States for any employer, however, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Please note that this is a full-time position (no contractors or placement agencies) and we can only hire US-based developers at this time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write clear, maintainable, thoroughly-tested code with a focus on quality, security, and performance.
- Perform coding and configuration of functionality for websites through the full project life cycle, including analysis, technical design, development, and implementation.
- Work with the project management team to define and clarify requirements and estimate level of effort needed to meet client requests.
- Create user interfaces that accurately implement design specifications and work collaboratively with the user experience team to optimize the experience within time, budget, and business constraints
- Write documentation including client documentation, content model documentation, and maintenance instructions as needed.
- Assist with various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance for clients.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients and the project team.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional software development experience
- Experience building custom WordPress themes based on UX design direction from wireframes, design systems, and comps
- Experience with common WordPress plugins, including WooCommerce
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Good understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience using version control systems in a team environment, git/GitLab/GitHub strongly preferred
- Excellent time management and organization, ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to produce defect-free code
- Openness to new technologies and platforms, willingness to share knowledge, and mentor others.
- Understanding of, and motivation to follow, web security best practices.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with implementing decoupled CMS websites
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flexible remote schedule / Work from home
- Family leave policy
- Professional development stipend
Are you ready to join our team?
Clicking the link below will redirect you to our applicant tracking system where you can apply for the position. We look forward to hearing from you.