Jr. Project Manager
Spry Digital blends innovative web, application and marketing solutions that transform businesses from the inside out. We believe we can shape our world, making it a better place to work and play with the connections that we make. Those connections happen with the relationships that we foster and the products that we create that connect people to one another. It is this people-first approach to doing business and creating solutions that drive us.
We value people who care about quality and attention to detail, working collaboratively together as a team, and striving to build solutions to meet our client's needs and business objectives. Read our core values.
Spry Digital is seeking a Junior Project Manager to ensure all small projects, enhancements and support tasks are delivered on time, with high quality and within budget for one of our largest clients. For these efforts, they will work with Traffic / Resource Management on getting resources assigned, create test/use cases and conduct all business analysis.
The Jr. Project Manager works with the Client Success Managers to understand budgets for projects, billable and non-billable hours and priorities. They work with the solution leadership team (Creative Director, Technology Director and Digital Strategies) to see the successful delivery of all efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all project measurements are updated and maintained
- Manage request queue, assets and tasks
- Help define and manage scope on all efforts
- Lead day-to-day activities for the project team
- Gather and organize assets from the client
- Prepare and maintain project documentation. This includes syncing, updating and reviewing the following systems: LiquidPlanner, Basecamp, Marker.io, Slack, Google Docs, Desk, Invision, Lucid Chart, etc.
- Lead web and mobile technology efforts from initiation through deployment
- Manage cross-functional teams using leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Solve business, technical, and execution problems through teamwork, negotiation and active follow-through
- Manage risks, issues, and cross-project dependencies; drive mitigation and contingency plans
- Keep track of milestones, deliverables and meeting outcomes
- Drive accountability for the accomplishment of deliverables and overall business solutions, including tracking of project progress and assessing project trade-offs across scope, timing, and resources
- Develop plans and ensure that all teams have the information needed to make an informed decision
- Manage vendor deliverables and communication
- Work with Client Engagement and Solutions Leadership Team to determine success criteria
- Lead and/or contribute as an individual resource or subject matter specialist to cross-functional projects with regards to dates, risks, impact and schedules
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules and work hours in LiquidPlanner.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on actions and decisions from meetings.
- Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute notes to all project team members.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Preparing and taking notes for meetings
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Helping with the documentation of each phase of the project, as well as making summary reports that will be presented to the organization’s management team.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work/intern experience as a Jr. Project Manager or similar role
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Competency in G-Suite applications including Docs, Sheets, and Gmail
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Hands-on experience with project management tools
- Ability to work well as part of a team with many different personality types
- Must be able to switch between projects quickly and effectively
- Passionate about making a positive impact in the workplace
- A person who loves working with others to accomplish shared goals
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Meticulous with details and process-oriented
- A person who is a natural problem solver
- Ability to manage risks, issues, and cross-project dependencies, and drive mitigation and contingency plans
- Ability to solve business, technical, and execution problems through teamwork, negotiation and active follow-through
- Ability to drive accountability for the accomplishment of deliverables and overall business solutions, including tracking of project progress and assessing project trade-offs across scope, timing, and resources
- Background in long-term development projects
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience managing CMS-based projects, especially Drupal and WordPress
- Experience working with project management software; LiquidPlanner experience a plus
- Experience in project management from conception to delivery
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plans (full-time employees)
- 23 days PTO (full-time employees)
- Volunteer time off
- Excellent company culture
This position is based out of our Saint Louis, Missouri office.
Please apply if you are willing and able to work in our office in St. Louis, MO. Although we are still currently working from home, this role will eventually work onsite. NOTE: We do not provide visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
Are you ready to join our team?
Clicking the link below will redirect you to our applicant tracking system where you can apply for the position. We look forward to hearing from you.