Interaction Design Lead
Spry Digital blends innovative web, application, and marketing solutions that transform businesses from the inside out. We believe we can shape our world, making it a better place to work and play with the connections that we make. Those connections happen with the relationships that we foster and the products that we create that connect people to one another. It is this people-first approach to doing business and creating solutions that drive us.
We value people who care about quality and attention to detail, working collaboratively together as a team, and striving to build solutions to meet our clients' needs and business objectives.
Read our core values.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Interaction Design (IxD) Lead to help us create compelling, scalable, and creative web applications. As a practice lead, you will guide teams through the research, design, and implementation of high-touch web products that map user needs to business goals and drive positive business outcomes. We constantly evaluate new tools and technologies so we can build solutions to fit our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform the role of interaction design lead and design strategist on projects that involve purpose-driven design, multi-state and multi-device functionality, robust user interfaces, user interactions, and animations.
- Assist the Digital Strategy/User Experience team with user research and stakeholder interviews during the discovery phase to unearth business goals, design problems, user needs and limitations.
- Collaborate with project teams to design and develop meaningful customer/user experiences.
- Drive the digital strategy and interaction design that accomplishes user goals and maps to business objectives.
- Create documentation that informs the user experience, user journey, and process flows through an interface.
- Develop wireframes and live prototypes that demonstrate a user's interaction with the web application/product.
- Assist in the development of living style guides that include UI components, styles, interactions, and animations.
- Mentor teams with tools, methodologies, and processes to improve the quality and quantity of our output.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure quality outcomes that map to user objectives and business goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an interactive designer in the field of web development and application development.
- Be a knowledgeable expert in the area of design patterns, user experience, accessibility, usability and how they inform the design of an application.
- Show strong analytical skills with regards to digital strategy, business analysis, design analysis, analytics, and complex data models.
- Experience working with design/product/development teams.
- Knowledge of modern web libraries for high-touch interactions and animations.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, JS frameworks and best practices.
- Comfortable with suite of design and prototyping tools include Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Sketch, Figma, Axure, Invision, and flowchart tools like Omnigraffle, Lucidchart, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate design strategy for multi-channel products that include website, email, intranet, ecommerce, and custom web applications.
- Experience with open source Content Management System systems like WordPress and Drupal.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Desire to learn new technologies and platforms, and share that knowledge with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flexible schedule / Work from home
- Volunteer time off
- Professional development stipend