Spry Digital blends innovative web, application and marketing solutions that transform businesses from the inside out. We believe we can shape our world, making it a better place to work and play with the connections that we make. Those connections happen with the relationships that we foster and the products that we create that connect people to one another. It is this people-first approach to doing business and creating solutions that drives us.
We value people who care about quality and attention to detail, working collaboratively together as a team, and striving to build solutions to meet our clients' needs and business objectives. Read our core values.
NOTE: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States for any employer, however, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write clear, maintainable, thoroughly-tested code with a focus on quality, security, and performance.
- Perform coding and configuration of functionality for websites and applications through the full project life cycle, including analysis, technical design, development, and implementation.
- Work with the project management team to define and clarify requirements and estimate level of effort needed to meet client requests
- Create user interfaces that accurately implement design specifications and work collaboratively with the creative team to optimize the user experience within time, budget and business constraints
- Write technical documentation including design documents, test plans, deployment procedures, and maintenance instructions as needed.
- Assist with various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance for clients.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients and the project team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience
- Strong linux skills, including basic configuration and administration (you can choose your own local)
- Experience using version control systems in a team environment, git/gitlab/github strongly preferred
- Excellent time management and organization, ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to produce defect-free code
- Openness to new technologies and platforms, willingness to share knowledge and mentor others.
- Understanding of, and motivation to follow, web security best practices.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BS/BA in information technology, computer science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience
- SQL, NoSQL and cloud databases including query development
- Experience setting up CI/CD, ansible scripting, gitlab integration and/or cloud deployments
- Virtualization tools, especially Docker and Lando
- Familiarity with CMS development and configuration, particularly Drupal and headless architectures
- Experience with enterprise system development, especially Java based web services
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flexible remote schedule / Work from home
- Volunteer time off
- Professional development stipend
Are you ready to join our team?
Clicking the link below will redirect you to our applicant tracking system where you can apply for the position. We look forward to hearing from you.