Business Development Manager
Spry Digital blends innovative web, application and marketing solutions that transform businesses from the inside out. We believe we can shape our world, making it a better place to work and play with the connections that we make. Those connections happen with the relationships that we foster and the products that we create that connect people to one another. It is this people-first approach to doing business and creating solutions that drives us.
We value people who care about quality and attention to detail, working collaboratively together as a team, and striving to build solutions to meet our clients’ needs and business objectives. Read our core values.
Spry Digital is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. The Business Development Manager will use organic relationship-building techniques to lead the sales process from the discovery and qualification of opportunities through to the signed contract. This role is responsible for building Spry’s sales pipeline.
The ideal candidate is familiar with a funnel based sales approach and is results-oriented and metric-driven. A passion for problem-solving and the ability to handle a room of decision-makers is key to this role. This person must have exceptional planning and people skills to develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales goals and provide the support needed to continually improve the relationship.
Strategic planning is a key part of this role and requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services we provide and familiarity with our key competitors. The ideal candidate will possess advanced sales strategy competencies to proactively fill the pipeline, build trust with prospects and effectively handle objections.
Responsibilities and Duties
The core responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to find new business to fill the sales pipeline and close potential projects. They will be responsible for qualifying inbound and outbound leads, identifying opportunities, cold calling and setting appointments using the appropriate tools (Capsule CRM and Spry-developed processes).
The right candidate will be metric-driven; making multiple documented contacts a day via phone, email and social media. Once a lead is qualified, they will document the lead and work with the Sales Coordinator to help create the creative brief and WBS. The Business Development Manager will report directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Identify, qualify and manage leads throughout the sales process
- Schedule sales meetings and presentations with client and internal teams.
- Foster trusting relationships with potential leads and the community at large
- Develop creative briefs for internal departmental handoff
- Build Scopes of Work, quotes and estimates with internal Spry tools
- Record and report daily activities in a CRM
- Meet activity and revenue quotas/goals
- Reactivating previous business to create new opportunities.
- Grow and build upon our existing pipeline
- Maintain positive customer relationships to maximize upsells and existing client work.
- Represent Spry Digital at events and conferences
- Find opportunities for speaking engagements
- Prepare and present proposals
- Remain up to date with target industry vertical changes and developments
- Available for occasional travel to out of state clients and prospects
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be metric-driven to establish sales goals and KPI’s
- Must be able to source and qualify leads through multiple channels including events, phone, email and social media.
- Able to nurture leads organically through community, relationship and social networking.
- Must be an effective communicator able to listen and understand the client’s business problems and collect high-level business requirements from prospects.
- General working knowledge of the development process for websites, web apps and web tools, and understand how digital solutions compliment business needs.
- An understanding of how user experience can drive successful business outcomes.
- Ability and interest in learning in-depth knowledge of our business products and value propositions.
- Willingness to build trusting professional relationships with prospects, clients and the internal team.
- An understanding of basic web architecture and web-based business platforms for website development, like WordPress and Drupal.
- Must have excellent communication, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing and executing growth strategies to increase client base.
- Capable of managing and retaining relationships with new and existing clients.
- Experience with writing business proposals and negotiating with stakeholders.
- Experience in identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Ability to research potential business opportunities and identify viable income streams.
- Experience working toward goals and a proven track record of exceeding targets.
- Interest in following industry-related trends locally and internationally.
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts, proposals and related documents.
- Ability to report and collaborate on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Ability to collaborate with internal sales and strategy teams to formulate estimates, communicate client needs and develop long-term sales strategies.
Benefits and Perks
- This is a remote/work from home opportunity (if desired)
- Competitive compensation plan
- Generous family leave policy
- Comprehensive health plans
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flexible schedule / Work from home
- Volunteer time off
- Professional development stipend
Are you ready to join our team?
Clicking the link below will redirect you to our applicant tracking system where you can apply for the position. We look forward to hearing from you.