Web development is without a doubt a team sport, so we’d like to acknowledge all of the people that make it happen everyday at Spry. While we’re not always perfect as a company, every individual on our team is dedicated to their work and providing successful outcomes.
As we’re nearing the end of 2015, we’d like to highlight some of the new team members that helped make 2015 a success and will no doubt contribute to an even better 2016. Without further ado, here are four additions to the Spry family who you will hopefully get to know over time:
James joined Spry Digital shortly upon graduation from University of Missouri St. Louis, where he received his BA in Anthropology. That study path took James to Greece and allowed him to learn about the human experience and scientific analysis, that includes studying behaviors across the Internet. For Spry Digital, James works directly with clients as a Project Manager to execute on digital strategies and managing support issues. If his name or picture rings a bell, it may be because James curates the “Spry Hive” blog posts, published weekly on Fridays.
- Sign: Aries
- Power animal: Komodo Dragon
- Personality: Pessimistically optimistic
- Geeks out with: Computer hardware, anthropology
- Known for: Man bun
- Music: Deerhoof, The Dodos, Animal Collective, Aphex Twin
- Guilty pleasure: Letting phone die
Brian comes to Spry Digital after several years in the WordPress and Front-End Development arena. He graduated from University of Missouri in 2007 with a BA in History. Following graduation, an on-the-job near brush with death left him seeking a less dangerous career path. Brian dove into web design and development and has not looked back since. When he is not working on the front end, he is speaking at Wordcamps across the Midwest, contributing to multiple blogs, and coaching junior football.
- Power animal: Fox
- Personality: INFP (Myers-Briggs)
- Geeks out with: Typography
- Signature style: Jeans/t-shirt or suited up
- Music: Explosions In The Sky
- Famous last words: “I can lift that.”
- Guilty pleasure: Where to begin?
Our most recent addition to the Spry Digital team, Joe brings 20+ years of experience in providing digital strategy and integrated marketing solutions to clients. At Spry Digital, he will help clients develop their digital strategies and shape their owned and earned media to maximize results. At home, he can be found tinkering in the garage and spending time with his wife and daughter. Whether it be motorcycles or mountain bikes, he’s a fan of anything that goes fast on two wheels!
- Sign: Sandwich board
- Power animal: Raven
- Personality type: Proxima Nova
- Geeks out with: Motorcycles, cooking
- Collector of: Tools
- Music: Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher, Procol Harum, Traffic, Jethro Tull
- Talks a lot about: My daughter, philosophy
Steven joins Spry Digital as a Senior Technical Architect. Steven is that rare individual that you can throw any problem at, big or small, and he’ll give you 20 ways to solve it. He picks up new programming languages like the daily paper. His astute math skills means he can assist clients with web products that require more statistical or programmatic logic. When not architecting web solutions, he also assists with Spry’s support and maintenance of our hosting environments. When he’s not coding, he’s building race cars and hurling them around racetracks at blistering speeds.
- Power animal: F. Catus
- Personality type: A–
- Signature style: height:180cm;background-color:#e4b98e;position:relative;
- Geeks out with: Algebra and algebraic geometry
- Collector of: Derelict RX-7s
- Famous last words: “I drank what?”
- Guilty pleasure: Arena rock
We’re excited to have them join Spry Digital and looking forward to seeing what great things we can build together. Help us in welcoming these new outstanding team members!